- German households have been advised to keep three or four days' worth of provisions, including alternative cooking fuel in case of power cuts. Among the essential items listed by the BBK is a battery-powered radio, for checking weather reports.
- France is also braced for more snow. Meteo France warned: "The amount of snow expected is significant, exceptional even."
- Nearly 140 people have frozen to death in the past few weeks in Poland, and in Switzerland, heavy snow has cut the flow of lorries through Alpine tunnels.
- In the UK, which is suffering its worst winter for decades, Prime Minister Gordon Brown pledged that gas supplies would not run out, and that road salt will get to "where it is most needed".
- Temperatures have dropped as low as -22C (-8F) in some parts.
- In the Netherlands, icebreakers have been deployed to clear shipping routes such as the Twente canal, the harbours of Almelo and Enschede and the Ijsselmeer inland sea.
- Northern Spain is expecting more heavy snowfalls while the country's south has been hit by severe floods.
THE LEFT IS AS CORRECT ABOUT HEALTHCARE, THE ECONOMY AND NATIONAL SECURITY AS THEY WERE ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING.