Obama to Wall St.: ‘Join Us, Instead of Fighting Us’OBAMA'S RHETORIC REVEALS BOTH A FUNDAMENTAL MISUNDERSTANDING OF CAPITALISM AND THE FREE MARKET AND AN ANTIPATHY TOWARD IT.
By PETER BAKER
Pushing an overhaul plan for financial regulation on Thursday, the president said, “Unless your business model depends on bilking people, there is little to fear from these new rules.”
- IOW: HE'S BASICALLY AS SOCIALISTIC AS SEGOLENE ROYAL AND JOSE LUIS ZAPATERO (ONLY THEY ADMIT IT!); OBAMA KNOWS IF HE ADMITS IT, HE WOULD GO DOWN IN FLAMES.
- THE GOOD THING IS: OBAMA'S POLICIES REVEL WHO HE REALLY IS AND WHAT HE'S REALLY ABOUT
- THAT'S WHY THE DEMOCRATS ARE FACING THE BIGGEST MID-TERM LOSS IN US HISTORY THIS NOVEMBER.
- AND THAT'S WHY OBAMA AND HIS COMRADES ARE RUSHING TO RAM THROUGH AS MUCH SOCIALISM NOW AS THEY CAN.
- IT'S INSANE TO MAKE THE USA MORE SOCIALIST NOW - 20 YEARS AFTER THE WALL FELL AND THE USSR COLLAPSED, AND AS OUR OWN AND EUROPE'S WELFARE STATE BREAK UNDER DEMOGRAPHIC PRESSURES.
- EUROPE IS MOVING RIGHT - IN GERMANY UNDER MERKEL AND IN FRANCE UNDER SARKOZY AND IN ITALY UNDER BERLUSCONI AND IN SWEDEN AND IN DENMARK AND SOON, MOST LIKELY, IN BRITAIN TOO.
- CALIFORNIA AND NEW JERSEY AND MICHIGAN AND ILLINOIS AND NEW YORK ARE ALL CRIPPLED BY HIGH TAXES AND BIG DEFICITS AND BURGEONING UNDER-FUNDED MANDATES AND PENSIONS.
IF WE MOVE FURTHER LEFT, THE WILL BRING A GREATER CALAMITY THAN ANY WE'VE YET SUFFERED - WORSE THAN EITHER THE GREAT DEPRESSION OR THE GREAT RECENT RECESSION.
REMINDER: THE RECENT RECESSION WAS LARGELY A RESULT OF THE HOUSING BUBBLE WHICH WAS THE RESULT OF TOO MUCH SOCIALISM:
IOW: THE REMEDY IS NOT MORE OF WHAT GOT US INTO TROUBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Republican operatives from Washington said the president was playing politics and ignoring what they said were some of the real culprits, the government-backed mortgage housing giants and , accusing Democrats of blocking reforms that would have prevented problems.
“How many times will Presidentmention Fannie/Freddie in his speech on ‘reform’?” Brad Dayspring, a spokesman for Representative Eric I. Cantor of Virginia, the House Republican whip, said in an e-mail message to reporters. “Zero. Not once. Guess it remains the Democrats’ dirty little secret.”