US will provide the Lebanese military with unmanned aircraft
The United States said Tuesday it is providing Lebanon with 12 unmanned military aircraft in the coming months, the latest effort to bolster the fragile Middle East nation.
Washington hopes a strengthened Lebanese military would extend state authority across the country, where Hizbullah is gaining power with its arsenal of rockets that threaten another US ally, Israel.
A strong national army could be a counter to Hizbullah's weapons and could deprive the terrorists of the excuse to keep their arms.
US officials said their support is intended to help Lebanon maintain internal security, fight terrorism and secure its borders.
Since 2006, the US has provided Lebanon with more than a billion dollars in assistance, including $410 million to support security.
- THE USA GIVES BILLIONS TO EGYPT, PAKISTAN, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND IRAQ.
- THE USA HAS ALSO INTERVENED ON BEHALF OF MUSLIMS - BUT NEVER EVER ON BEHIALF OF ISRAEL.
- THE USA DEFENDED KUWAIT. AND KOSOVO. AND LIBERATED AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ.
- AT HUGE COST IN GOLD AND BLOOD.
- BUT THE USA HAS NEVER EVER SHED A DROP ON BEHALF OF ISRAEL.
- NOT A DROP.
THEY CAN CAN GO EFF THEMSELVES.