9. Justice Scalia notes in his dissent that the Court's decision is difficult to reconcile with American history as well as its own precedent:
"The category of prisoner comparable to these detainees are not the Eisentrager criminal defendants, but the more than 400,000 prisoners of war detained in the United States alone during World War II. Not a single one was accorded the right to have his detention validated by a habeas corpus action in federal court—and that despite the fact that they were present on U. S. soil."
- WHY WEREN'T THE POW'S OF WW2 --- UNIFORMED SOLDIERS FIGHTING FOR NATIONS WHICH WERE GENEVA SIGNATORIES --- GIVEN HABEUS CORPUS RIGHTS!?!?!?
- BECAUSE LEFTIST LAWYERS DIDN'T RELENTLESSLY SUE FOR THEM... AND LEFTIST JUSTICES ON THE SCOTUS DIDN'T GIVE THEM ANY.
- WHY NOT!?!?
- BECAUSE THE LEFT WAS NOT ALIGNED WITH OUR ENEMIES IN THAT WAR - AS THEY ARE NOW.
- WHY WEREN'T THEY THEN!?!?
- BECAUSE STALIN WAS OUR ALLY THEN.
- THE LEFT HAS OPPOSED EVERY WAR SINCE THEN BECAUSE THE USA HAS NOT BEEN ALLIED WITH SOCIALISTS.
- AND NOW, THE LEFT OPENLY SUPPORTS THE ENEMY.
- WITH THE AID OF THEIR LIB BUDDIES ON THE SCOTUS.
- THIS IS WHY I HAVE LONG ARGUED THAT TO DEFEAT THE ISLAMIST ENEMY ABROAD WE MUST FIRST DEFEAT THE LEFTIST AT HOME.
- TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE...