- WE'RE NOT IN RECESSION - YET.
- WE'RE SLOWLY GROWING - ALBEIT AT A RATE WHICH WON'T SUSTAIN EMPLOYMENT. AND IT WORRIES PEOPLE. JUSTIFIABLY.
- THAT, AND THE INCESSANT NEGATIVE SPIN BY THE LEFT-WING DOMINATED MSM, MAY PUT US INTO A RECESSION - YET.
U.S. retail sales rose unexpectedly in March as consumers dug deep to cover record high gasoline costs, according to a government report on Monday that did little to dispel the gloom hanging over the economy.
Retail sales increased 0.2 percent last month after a 0.4 percent fall in February, the Commerce Department said. Wall Street analysts were expecting sales to hold steady.
The rise, however, reflected a surge in gasoline prices that pushed gas station receipts up a sharp 1.1 percent.
Excluding gasoline, sales were flat last month, suggesting the consumer spending that fuels two-thirds of the economy's thrust is flagging.
"It is a report that seems to highlight that consumers are moving into a more cautious mode," said Drew Matus, senior financial economist at Lehman Brothers in New York.
- YES: THINGS ARE NOT VERY GOOD NOW - BUT WE'RE NOT IN A RECESSION - YET.
- AND WE CAN PREVENT ONE, TOO - EASILY.
- WE NEED MORE TAX CUTS, AND NOT THE TAX INCREASES THE DEMOCRATS ARE PROMISING.
- AND WE NEED TO INCREASE ENERGY SUPPLIES - SOMETHING WHICH WE CAN DO WITH THE STROKE OF THE PEN, AND WHICH WON'T COST THE TAXPAYERS A SINGLE PENNY:
- WE NEED TO OPEN UP ANWR AND DRILLING OFF THE COASTS OF CA AND FL
- AND WE NEED TO LICENSE SEVERAL NUKE POWER PLANTS ANS SEVERAL COAL POWER PLANTS.
- THE DAY WE DO THE PRICE OF ENERGY - OF OIL - WILL DROP 20%.
DEMOCRAT POLICIES ARE THE CAUSE OF OUR CURRENT ECONOMIC PROBLEMS.