"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, February 15, 2008

JC WATTS FOR VICE PRESIDENT!!

So since I refuse to jump on the McCain bandwagon, my efforts are going to be put into persuading the McCain camp to pick a stellar conservative for VP. I truly think thats the only way he has a chance of getting many of our votes. There is nothing he can say or do to personally redeem himself with us but if he picks a great VP we could be persuaded to vote for him.

I've decided to start compiling a list of stellar Conservatives that would make good candidates. JC Watts is at the top of my list and I've heard through the grapevine that Watts and McCain are friends which IMHO would be Watts only flaw.

I'll never forget the first time I heard JC Watts speak. He gave the Republican response in 1997 to Bill Clinton's State of the Union address and I was mesmerized. Not only was he a charismatic speaker and a likable guy but he came across as sincere, genuine and had stellar conservative beliefs and credentials.

A year ago when I did a post on who my dream candidates for President would be he was my number one pick!!

So who else would qualify? Shane did a good post about all of this and listed a couple. So below I'm going to start a list and if you know of someone that you think qualifies just leave their name in the comments and if I agree I'll add them to the list. Then I will be sending an email and I'll be calling the McCain campaign.

The Conservative VP list:
1) JC Watts
2) Michael Steele
3) Governor Mark Sanford
4) Senator Jim DeMint
5) Governor Haley Barbour

No comments: