"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, November 12, 2006

THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS WEEKLY R&R REVIEW - #6

There's more to life than war, taxes and politics - and a lot of it's more fun, too! That's why every WEEKEND, here at THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS, we post our opinions on some of the cultural things we're into, things we think you might also find entertaining, enriching, and stimulating. Good for "Rest & Relaxation" - "R&R".

Please check it out every week - and tell your friends. We just might turn you on to something cool. After all, the arts - ALL ARTS, not just fine arts - are a big part of what our liberty is for, and what we're fighting to defend!
ALWAYS ON WATCH: CATHARSIS -
This past week has not offered me much opportunity for R&R. Nevertheless, I took time to do something I should have done a long time ago: I wrote a tribute to my mother, who passed away nineteen years ago. I should have shared my thoughts long before now, but somehow I wasn't ready nor was I motivated to do so. Personal writing brings healing and closure. I need to make more time for that kind of writing!
RELIAPUNDIT: MUSIC -
I have often said, you can put all the idiocies and injustices of human history on one side of a scale and Beethoven on the other and Beethgoven would justfy human existence. The Third and the Fifth and the Ninth, (more here and here).Especially the Ninth: The triumph of the human spirit, of peace, and of God. Here's a good video of a great performance.

1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

Very early in their study, piano students encounter a brief, simplified arrangement of "Ode to Joy." As a piano teacher of over 40 years, I've never known a single student not to love that piece.

A rock version of "Ode to Joy" was also used in the film The Money Pit. Made the audience want to get up and dance!