"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A REVEALING MEETING

On October 8, I met with R, a former student of many years ago.  She hunted me down on the Internet and asked if I would advise her. This young lady, who did not go into teaching directly from college but rather pursued another career for a few years, thought that teaching would be relatively easy.  She actually said to me, "When you were teaching me, I thought that teaching looked so easy!"

This first year as a classroom teacher, R is finding out the hard way that effective teaching is anything but easy, particularly during those first years.

R's lack of experience, however, is only the beginning of her woes as a first-year teacher....

Read the rest at Always On Watch to learn more about some of the serious flaws with our education system. 

To flourish, our republic needs an educated citizenry.

No comments: