"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, July 16, 2012

What Kind Of Company Would Pay Their Highest Producers Less Money Than Their Lowest Producers? A Barack Obama Company, That's Who

Barack Obama said:
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.   
If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. 
The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.   
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own.
Pastorius response:

I am a successful salesperson for a large corporation. 

To help me sell, the company I work for provides me with a good product, prevalent and persuasive advertising, and beautiful marketing materials.

Because I am successful, they also pay me a higher commission than the less successful salespeople.

And, because I am successful, they make far more money off me, than they do off some of the less successful people.

If my company penalized me for my success - by paying me a lower commission, the more sales I made - I would quit, 


as would anyone in their right mind.

No comments: