"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MITT OPPOSES AGRICULTURAL SUBSIDIES; NEWT DOESN'T REALLY CARE ANYMORE

SO WHO IS THE MORE CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE? 

WHICH OF THE TWO IS MORE ACCEPTING OF THE STATUS QUO AND THE ESTABLISHMENT?

SMITH: Governor Romney, you`re going some campaign support from sugar growers. It`s a very influential group in this state. What`s your view on the sugar subsidies?
ROMNEY: Yeah, my view is, we ought to get rid of subsidies and let markets work properly.
END OF STORY.

AND NEWT!?!?!? HERE:

GINGRICH: Well, I pretty enthusiastically early in my career kept trying to figure out how to get away from the sugar subsidy. And I found out one of -- one of the fascinating things about America, which was that cane sugar hides behind beet sugar. And there are just too many beet sugar districts in the United States. It`s an amazing side story about how interest groups operate.
In an ideal world, you would have an open market. And that`s -- I think that would be a better future and, frankly, one where cane sugar would still make a lot of money. But it`s very hard to imagine how you`re going to get there. I spent a lot of time trying to reform agriculture when I was speaker. And I would say it was one of the two or three hardest things to try to do because the -- the capacity of the agricultural groups to defend themselves is pretty amazing.
HE'S RESIGNED TO THESE SUBSIDIES ALWAYS BEING HERE. LIKE A TRUE ESTABLISHMENT POLITICIAN.


No comments: