FIRST: Lebanon: Hezbollah Chief Warns Of Border Clash With Israel
February 16, 2011
Hezbollah chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah told the group Feb. 16 in a televised address to be ready to invade northern Israel if ordered to do so, AP reported. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned the Israel Defense Forces Northern Command on Feb. 15 that the border could explode into crisis. Nasrallah said Hezbollah should be ready to seize the Galilee area, which refers to part of northern Israel.
2. February 16, 2011
Hezbollah Secretary-General Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah warned Israeli leaders in a televised address on Feb. 16 they should expect reprisal for the death of Imad Mughniyah, a Hezbollah commander killed in February 2008, Reuters reported.
Israel has condemned a decision by Iran's navy to sail two of its ships through the Suez Canal to the Mediterranean Sea.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said the world should act against Iran's "recurring provocations".
The vessels were planning to sail to Syria, Mr Lieberman said.
There has been no response from Tehran, but reports last month said Iran's navy planned to send a "fleet" to the Mediterranean Sea for a year.
Israeli companies have announced two important natural gas finds in the past 18 months that may hold 24 trillion cubic feet of gas, but the offshore discoveries are a potential source of friction between Israel, Lebanon and Greek Cyprus. Lebanese officials say the gas may extend into their waters, urging their own prospecting
Natural gas discoveries off Israel have sparked a debate with Lebanon over potential resources in the eastern Mediterranean and prompted Greek Cyprus to seek clarification on maritime boundaries.
THE HIZBALLAH TAKEOVER OF LEBANON, AND MOVEMENT OF IRAN'S NAVAL WARSHIPS ARE NOT COINCIDENTAL.
- I EXPECT TURKEY TO MOVE ITS NAVAL WARSHIPS NEARBY, TOO.
- AND THEN I EXPECT HIZBALLAH TO TRUMP UP SOME FAKE INCITING EVENT TO JUSTIFY AN ATTACK. AND WHEN ISRAEL COUNTERS, I EXPECT SYRIA AND TURKEY AND IRAN TO JOIN IN WITH HIZBALLAH.
- WHAT WILL EGYPT THEN DO? BECAUSE OF THE RECENT MB LED TUMULT, I THINK ALL BETS ARE OFF.
- TOO BAD FOR ISRAEL AND THE FREE WORLD THAT THE USA HAS AN APPEASING DOVE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
A COURAGEOUS HAWK IN THE WHITE HOUSE WOULD SEND THE SIXTH FLEET THERE NOW, AND WARN SYRIA AND IRAN.
AND ANOTHER THING:
- A USA/ISRAELI PREEMPTIVE ATTACK ON IRAN RIGHT NOW MIGHT BE JUST THE THING TO TAKE BACK THE INITIATIVE AND EVEN LEAD THE PERSIANS TO OVERTHROW THEIR TYRANNICAL MULLAHS.