This makes this bleak and God-forsaken bit of territory a lot more attractive to potential suitors.
I think we can parlay this into a new military alliance to keep Afghanistan free from jihado-fascism.
We should call up the Chinese and offer them a three-way deal with the government of Afghanistan:
China sends troops to keep the lid on the jihado-maniacs is several regions (the ones closest to China), and in return... they get lots of mining rights.
- China could EASILY handle a big role and positive security role Afghanistan: China has a lot of experience keeping jihado-freaks under control: they do it all the time in the Uighur region of China.
- China has a huge military and could afford to send 200,000 troops to Afghanistan.
- China has very good ties to Pakistan and could even help control the ISI.
- We get to withdraw most of our troops - both US and NATO.
- We could continue to use drones and bombers and handle the hi-tech end of the conflict and Kabul.
IT'S A WIN-WIN-WIN.
Too bad we don't have a POTUS like Nixon and Sec of State like Kissinger now; they knew how to play the grand game on a global scale.
Obama and Hillary are midgets compared to Nixon and Kissinger.