"Every problem has a solution. The Egyptian steel barrier was a problem but we found a solution," says Mohammed, a grimy-faced Gazan tunnel digger who didn't want to give his real name.
Mohammed, covered in dust and dirt, is in the process of digging a 750m (2,460ft) smuggling tunnel from Gaza into Egypt. He says he's been digging it for 18 months.
As he hauls up a plastic container of sand with an electric winch from the metre-wide tunnel shaft, he says the new underground Egyptian barrier aimed at stopping smuggling is a "joke."
"We just cut through it using high-powered oxygen fuelled blow torches," he says.
The Egyptian government says it began constructing the barrier along the Gaza-Egypt border last year. When finished it is meant to be 11km-long (seven miles), stretching down 18m (59ft) underground.
According to Egypt it is made of bomb-proof, super-strength steel and is costing millions of dollars to build.
Mohammed smiles when he hears this.
"We pay around a $1,000 (£665) for a man with an oxygen-fuelled cutter to come and break through it. It takes up to three weeks to cut through but we get there in the end," he says.
MAYBE IF INSTEAD OF DEVOTING THEMSELVES TO JIHAD AND GENOCIDE AND SMUGGLING THEY APPLIED THEMSELVES THIS HARD TO POSITIVE CAUSES, THEN THEY COULD ACTUALLY IMPROVE THEIR OWN LIVES.
- THIS SERVES AS A REMINDER, TOO: EGYPT HAS ALMOST AS BIG A HEADACHE WITH THE GAZANS AND HAMAS AS ISRAEL - AND THEREFORE EGYPT NEEDS A WALL WITH GAZA, JUST LIKE ISRAEL.
- BUT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, THE "INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY" ONLY CRITICIZES ISRAEL FOR BUILDING ONE.
- WHY IS THAT!? COULD IT BE ANTISEMITISM?
BTW: THESE POOR GAZANS CAN AFFORD TO PAY $1000 TO THESE GUYS TO CUT THROUGH THE WALL.
- WHY NOT SPEND IT ON POSITIVE STUFF LIKE REBUILDING THE GREENHOUSES THEY DESTROYED?
- COULD IT BE THEY'RE NIHILISTIC GENOCIDAL JIHADO-MANIACS? YES.
- COULD IT BE THEIR RELIGION IS EVIL AND DESTRUCTIVE? YES.