Latest poll (Sun/YouGov) Labour 68 seats short of a majority
The Conservatives have regained their lead over the Liberal Democrats, according to a new opinion poll which puts the Tories two points ahead of Nick Clegg's party.
Five new polls out, all of them confirming that the Lib Dem surge is being sustained.STILL TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT, AND NOT ENOUGH FOR AN OUTRIGHT TORY WIN.
- Angus Reid/PoliticalBetting has the Tories on 32 per cent (-6), Labour on 24 per cent (-4) and the Lib Dems on 32 per cent (+10);
- ITV/Independent/ComRes has the Conservatives on 32 per cent (+1), Labour on 28 per cent (+1) and the Lib Dems on 28 per cent (-1);
- The Daily Express/Opinium has the Tories on 32 per cent (-5), Labour on 26 per cent (nc) and the Lib Dems on 29 per cent (+12);
- the latest Sun/YouGov poll has the Conservatives on 33 per cent (+1), Labour on 27 per cent (+1) and the Lib Dems on 31 per cent (-2);
- and The Guardian/ICM has the Tories on 33 per cent (-4), Labour on 28 per cent (-3) and the Lib Dems on 30 per cent (+10).
CAMERON NEEDS TO DO WHAT MCCAIN IS DOING: TACK RIGHT!