the current uproar over Obama's government takeover of health care dwarfs anything that happened in 1994. And Obama isn't Bill Clinton. Clinton is, I think, much smarter than Obama. He had a basic understanding of economics that Obama lacks. And in a pinch, Clinton didn't really believe in much of anything, while Obama is a hard leftist, by American standards. So the eclipse and resurrection of Bill Clinton may or may not be a model that Barack Obama will, or can, follow.THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS WEEKS AGO - YUP: LAST MONTH! - HERE AND HERE; EXCERPTS:
- CLINTON'S PRESIDENCY RECOVERED FROM GAYS IN THE MILITARY AND FROM HILLARYCARE.
- OBAMA MIGHT COME BACK, TOO - BUT I DOUBT IT:
- OBAMA IS NOT AS SEASONED A POLITICIAN AS BJ CLINTON WAS:
- BJ HAD RUN IN A DOZEN STATEWIDE CONTESTS IN ARKANSAS AND KNEW FIRST HAND WHAT HE HAD TO DO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE POLITICAL TREACHERY.
- AND HE DID WHATEVER HE HAD TO DO TO SURVIVE -
- AS WHEN HE PROCLAIMED THE ERA OF BIG GOVERNMENT OVER.
- WHEN HE HAD TO ADAPT, CLINTON DID.
- OBAMA IS TOO MEGALOMANIACAL AND TOO COMMITTED TO LEFT-WING POLICIES TO MAKE A SIMILAR ABOUT-FACE.
- SO WHEREAS BJ CLINTON WON REELECTION, OBAMA WON'T.
REGULAR READERS KNOW THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.
- OBAMA'S PLAYBOOK HAS FAILED EVERY TIME AND EVERYWHERE ITS EVER BEEN TRIED.
- AND HE WON'T RETREAT AND REINVENT HIMSELF THE WAY BJ CLINTON DID.
- NO: OBAMA IS TOO MUCH OF A BORN AND BRED RED DIAPER DOPER BABY TO RETREAT FROM HIS LEFT-WING PLAYBOOK, AND HE HAS WAY TOO BIG AN EGO.
WE DON'T JUST FOLLOW THE BIG BLOGGERS; WE LEAD.
SPREAD THE WORD, BLOGROLL US, BOOKMARK US.