Nazism is often considered by scholars to be a form of fascism.REPEAT: "... it identified itself ideologically with the Socialist Left..." ... welfare, equal rights, profit sharing, and national healthcare
While it incorporated elements from both political wings, it identified itself ideologically with the Socialist Left.
Although it was a ethnic brand of Socialism it was considered a National or German Socialism, sharing many views with other socialist movements of the era such as Bolshevism and Italian Fascism.
The Nazi Party formulated its program in the 25 point National Socialist Program in 1920.
Among the key elements of Nazism were a form of anti-parliamentarism, Pan-Germanism, racism, anticapitalism, collectivism, and communitarianism, as well as welfare, equal rights, profit sharing, and national healthcare
EXCERPT FROM THE NAZI 25 POINT PLAN:
1. All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.SOUNDS DOWNRIGHT HOPEY-CHANGEY!
2. The first obligation of every citizen must be to work both spiritually and physically. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the universality, but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all Consequently we demand:
3. Abolition of unearned (work and labour) incomes. Breaking of rent-slavery.
4. In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
5. We demand the nationalisation of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).
6. We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.
7. We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.
8. We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the State, county or municipality.
9. We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
10. We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
20. The state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. The plans of instruction of all educational institutions are to conform with the experiences of practical life. The comprehension of the concept of the State must be striven for by the school [Staatsbuergerkunde] as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the State of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
21. The State is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.