Another prominent Republican told the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday that the president’s spending plans are pushing the country to the brink of socialism.
Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina, the only member of the senate to earn a perfect rating from the American Conservative Union, called President Obama “the world’s best salesman of socialism” on Friday in describing his prime time speech earlier this week.
DeMint, a fierce opponent of government expansion, told the CPAC crowd that conservatives might have to “take to the streets to stop America’s slide into socialism.”
- OBAMA HAS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET. HE'S ANOTHER ATTLEE.
- HE MAKES FDR LOOK LIKE REAGAN!
- THERE ARE CERTAINLY MANY SOCIALISTS IN THE US - MAYBE 25% OF THE ELECTORATE.
- BUT NOT A MAJORITY.
- MAYBE A MAJORITY OF THOSE WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA -
- BUT NOT THE SWING VOTERS WHO PUT HIM OVER THE TOP.
- AND HE DIDN'T RUN ON SOCIALISM.
- HE HOODWINKED THEM!
- SO THERE'S GONNA BE A HUGE BACKLASH,
- IT'S GONNA MAKE 1994 LOOK LIKE A PICNIC FOR THE DEMS.