Vice-president-elect Joe Biden likened the country’s economic crisis to the attacks of 9/11 Monday in a private meeting on Capitol Hill.
“We’re at war,” Biden told congressional leaders of both parties during their sit-down with Barack Obama in the Capitol, according to two sources familiar with the exchange.
It’s not the first time the vice-president-elect has used stark language to underscore the perilous state of the economy. In an interview last month on ABC’s “This Week,” Biden said that a stimulus package was needed to keep the economy from “absolutely tanking.”
- THIS KIND OF TALK IS COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE AND EMBARRASSING.
- SURE: BIDEN'S MOUTH HAS ALWAYS WORKED OVERTIME WHILE HIS MIND WAS ON VACATION, BUT NOW IT'S SO BAD I THINK IT'S CLINICAL:
- I HAVE FELT FOR A LONG TIME THAT BIDEN HAS EARLY DEMENTIA.
- THIS LATEST OUTBURST IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE.
- BIDEN IS SO SICK HE CAN'T EVEN ACT VICE PRESIDENTIAL.
- AND THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE MUCH.