- OBAMA ATTACKED PALIN AS A PORK-USER EVEN THOUGH HE AND BIDEN VOTED FOR THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE AND PALIN KILLED IT.
- THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN IS TRYING TO MAKE IT SEEM AS IF THE BRIDGE WAS DEAD BEFORE PALIN CAME OUT AGAINST IT - AND CANCELED IT!
- NOT TRUE.
EITHER OBAMA IS A DELUDED IDIOT OR A BALD-FACED LIAR.
Alaska: End Sought For 'bridge To Nowhere'
Gov. Sarah Palin ordered state transportation officials to abandon the ''bridge to nowhere'' project that became a nationwide symbol of federal pork-barrel spending. The $398 million bridge would have connected Ketchikan, on one island in southeastern Alaska, to its airport on another nearby island. ''Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport,'' Ms. Palin, a Republican, said in a news release, ''but the $398 million bridge is not the answer.'' She directed the State Transportation Department to find the most ''fiscally responsible'' alternative for access to the airport. Ketchikan is Alaska's entry port for northbound cruise ships that bring more than one million visitors yearly. Flights into Gravina Island require a 15-minute ferry ride to reach the more densely populated Revillagigedo Island and Ketchikan.
- AND OBAMA AND THE MSM ARE DELIBERATELY CONFLATING ALASKA'S REQUESTS FOR FEDERAL PROGRAMS AND TED STEVENS'S EARMARKS WITH PALIN - JUST TO SEMAR HER.
- DON'T FALL FOR THIS PLOY. ONLY SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN CAN PUT IN EARMARKS; GOVERNORS CANNOT.
- ATTENTION ALL DEMOCRATS: DON'T BE A DUPED.
- CLINTON-GORE 1996 CALLED THEMSELVES "A BRIDGE TO THE 21ST CENTURY."
- WELL, THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN IS ITSELF FAST BECOMING A BRIDGE TO NOWHERE.