THREE PARTISAN SCHMUCKS...
ON THE MOST IMPORTANT BI-PARTISAN LEGISLATION IN A DECADE, THESE JERKS DIDN'T DELIVER.
- THE JERK ON THE LEFT - PELOSI - DELIVERED A HYPER-PARTISAN TIRADE BEFORE THE VOTE, ALIENATING MANY IN THE GOP, AND SHE FAILED TO GET MANY OF HER OWN COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN TO VOTE YES.
- THE JERK IN THE MIDDLE - FRANK - DID MORE TO CAUSE THE FANNIE MAE FIASCO THAN ANY OTHER PERSON IN CONGRESS. AFTER THE BILL FAILED, HE CRACKED JOKES RIDICULING THE GOP.
- AND THE IDIOT ON THE RIGHT - REID, WHOSE TWO SONS ARE HUGELY SUCCESSFUL LOBBYISTS - BLAMED TO NEGOTIATING DELAY OVER THE WEEKEND ON THE GOP'S STANDARD-BEARER.
- THEY WERE SO AWFUL ON PURPOSE: THEY THINK THEIR PARTY WILL BENEFIT FROM A CRASH - IT WILL ADVANCE THE ADVENT OF SOCIALISM IN THE USA.
- (MORE ON THIS HERE.)
- THIS ISN'T AS OUTLANDISH A CHARGE AS IT MIGHT SOUND, AFTER ALL, TO GAIN POPULARITY, THEY WANTED US TO RETREAT/LOSE IN IRAQ.
- THEY ARE LEFTIST SCUM. AS IS DODD, WHO BLOCKED PROPER OVERSIGHT OF FANNIE MAE IN 2003. AS IS OBAMA - WHO, SINCE HE ARRIVED IN THE SENATE, GOT MORE MONEY FROM FANNIE MAE THAN ANY SENATOR.
THESE FIVE DEMOCRATS ARE TO BLAME: REID, PELOSI, FRANK, DODD AND OBAMA.
Mr. Holtz-Eakin said Mr. McCain had made “dozens of calls” on the bill, some to House Republicans who opposed it.Aides to Mr. Obama said he had not directly reached out to try to sway any House Democrats who opposed the measure.
MORE EVIDENCE THAT THE DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP FAILED:
YEAH, THEY'RE NOT TREATING IT LIKE A CRISIS: "We're on the verge of financial meltdown, but Congress can afford to take a day or two off? I understand that it's a major religious holiday for some members, but this is an 'emergency.'"
the legislation was in fact a negotiated, bipartisan compromise, the first duty of the majority party is to line up its members to support the majority's bill. But evidence is growing that the Democrats did no such thing.AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF BUSH WAS ABLE TO THWART THE LEFT AS FAR AS IRAQ WAS CONCERNED, BUT THE DEMOCRATS HOLD ALL THE CARDS ON DOMESTIC MATTERS.
As of yesterday, the Democrats' House whip, Jim Clyburn said that he hadn't even begun "whipping" Democratic representatives, and wouldn't do so unless and until he got orders from Nancy Pelosi. Today, Democratic Congressman Peter DeFazio told NPR that he never was "whipped" on the bill. So Pelosi evidently left Democrats to vote their consciences--which is to say, vote against the bill if they thought it was politically necessary--while counting on Republicans to put the bill over the top.
AND THEY ARE PLAYING THEM THE WAY THEY WANT.
BOTTOM-LINE: The Democrats in Congress want the us economy to fail - just as they wanted our troops to fail in Iraq.