POLITICO: Gore compares offshore drilling to invasion of Iraq
In a surprise appearance at Netroots Nation — which apparently was the worst-kept secret in Austin, Texas — former Vice President Al Gore followed up a speech by Nancy Pelosi by laying out a narrative on climate change and the energy crisis that seems ready-made for the Obama campaign to download.UN-BE-FREAKIN-LIEVABLE!
“If you look at the seriousness of the climate crisis, you see how it ties to the economic crisis and the national security threat that we face,” he said. “200 billion dollars are being sent overseas just from oil.”
“The idea that we can drill our way out of this is just so absurd,” he said, comparing the push for offshore oil drilling — which has gained popularity and put environmentalists on the defense — to dealing with a hangover by having another drink.
“The defenders of the status quo are the ones who have dug us into this hole,” he said, commenting that Americans have been “so often fooled into finding a remedy for a problem" that has nothing to do with the problem at hand — pointing to the invasion of Iraq when America was attacked by terrorists in Afghanistan as an example.
- THE DEMS ARE DEFENDING THE ANTI-DOMESTIC DRILLING/ANTI-OFF-SHORE DRILLING STATUS QUO.
- THE GOP IS FOR CHANGE.
- THE DEMS WANT TO REPEAL THE LAW OF SUPPLY&DEMAND.
- THE DEMS ARE IN AGW FANTASYLAND: THERE'S BEEN NO GLOBAL WARMING SINCE 1998, AND IT WHAT LITTLE THERE HAS BEEN THE LAST CENTURY WASN'T CAUSED BY MAN-MADE CO2.
- THE DEMS WANTED TO SURRENDER IRAQ.
- THE DEMS: FREAKIN MORONS.