"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, June 22, 2008

IT'S TIME FOR BUSH TO GIVE A MAJOR ADDRESS ON VICTORY IN IRAQ - BEFORE A JOINT SESSION OF CONGRESS DURING PRIME TIME

The surge in Iraq has been a HUGE AND UNDENIABLE SUCCESS.

Obama opposed it. McCain supported it earlier than anyone else.

Their JOB DONE, 30,000 US troops are returning to the USA next month.


This news WAS NOT WIDELY REPORTED.

A GOOGLE NEWS SEARCH of " bush july 30,000 troops iraq" returns ONE SINGLE ITEM.

"GEE: I WONDER WHY?!?!" (Sarcasm off.)

That's why it's time Bush drive the point home as ONLY A PRESIDENT CAN: in a major address. Maybe even before a JOINT SESSION OF CONGRESS DURING PRIME TIME.

I'd love to see the Dems giving Bush a standing o' when he announces our victory and asks Petraeus to stand up and then Maliki and then a wounded US vet and a wounded Iraqi vet.

THEN: Obama can give the Democrat reply.

It will be a short reply: "I was wrong; you were right. I showed poor judgment; you showed good judgment."

IMHO: This would do more to help Bush's legacy and McCain's chances than anything else right now.

3 comments:

Odysseus said...

I sent my congressman an email saying that we should get all five of the surge brigades together and have a ticker-tape victory parade for them and that the ball should get rolling on this idea before Congress adjourns for its August break. Also that we should do it for every 4 or 5 brigades that come back from Iraq or Afghanistan. Maybe if more people wrote their congressman requesting something like this, it would get done. Who's with me?

Reliapundit said...

I AM WITH YOU!

Always On Watch said...

I wish that GWB would do this. Why hasn't he already?