"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, January 06, 2008

WHAT MITT SHOULD SAY TO MCCAIN ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND AMNESTY

There's a wide range of opinion about how well Mitt did last might - under the constant attack from all the other candidates.

I think Mitt did GREAT. Byron York has another view.

I thought McCain was snarly and snide and petty - and I doubt those are qualities the American people want in the next president.

On the amnesty issue I thought McCain was very rude, he claimed that his bill wasn't amnesty. (HAH!)

But Mitt's counter-attack wasn't forceful enough; it could be sharpened a bit, and here's what I'd have him say - if I was advising him:

"I'LL LEAVE IT UP TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO DECIDE WHETHER YOUR IMMIGRATION BILL WAS AMNESTY OR NOT. I THINK THEY KNOW. I THINK THEY'RE RIGHT.

REPUBLICANS WHO LIKED YOUR BILL SHOULD GET YOUR VOTE. REPUBLICANS WHO DIDN'T LIKE IT, SHOULDN'T VOTE FOR YOU."

1 comment:

colecurtis said...

Maybe he should hire you.