AP: Abbas reiterates refusal to recognize Jewish state
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas reiterated his refusal on Saturday to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, Israel Radio reported.
"Historically, there are two states - Israel and Palestinian. Israel has Jews and other people, and this we are ready to recognize, but nothing else," the radio quoted Abbas as saying shortly after he landed in Saudi Arabia after brief stops in Egypt and Jordan.
- IF ABBAS CAN'T DO THIS, THEN THERE CAN BE NO DEAL. EVEN OLMERT WON'T MAKE A DEAL.
- SO WHAT'S NEXT? ANNEXATION + EXPULSION? NO. GIVING THE WEST BANK TO JORDAN? NOT LIKELY.
- I THINK THE NEXT AND NECESSARY STEPS ARE FOR ASSAD TO BE TOPPLED.
- THEN NASRALLAH'S THUGS NEUTERED.
- AND IRAN'S MULLAHCRACY ERASED.