- RUDY SAVED NYC.
- THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE. BUT HE DID IT. DESPITE THEIR OPPOSITION. IT TOOK A TOUGH MAN TO DO THAT. A REAL LEADER.
- HE IMPROVED THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. IN A CITY MANY SAID WAS UNMANAGEABLE.
- HE HAD TO BATTLE EVERYDAY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS - THE LEFT, THE DEMOCRATS, THE MEDIA, AND THE NABOBS OF NEGATIVISM.
- BLOOMBERG IS ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF RUDY'S LABORS.
- IT WAS RUDY WHO DID ALL THE TOUGH LIFTING.
- BLOOMBERG HAS NOT HAD TO MAKE ONE REALLY TOUGH DECISION.
- AND NOT A SINGLE THING BLOOMBERG HAS DONE HAS IMPROVED THE CITY AS MUCH AS RUDY.
- RUDY ACCOMPLISHED MANY BIG THINGS.
- BLOOMBERG HAS NOT ACCOMPLISHED A SINGLE BIG THING.
- WE NEW YORKERS ARE ALL STILL ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF RUDY'S LABORS.
- NEARLY 16 YEARS AFTER HE STARTED. WOW.
FROM TODAY'S NYTIMES, PROOF THAT IT WAS RUDY, AND NOT NATIONAL TRENDS OR FEDERAL LEGISLATION:
PHILADELPHIA — The day after Michael Nutter won a landslide victory to become this city’s next mayor, he put on a charcoal gray suit and drove to his first public event: the funeral of a police officer shot in a brazen daytime robbery.
Two nights before he announced his choice for police commissioner, two more officers were shot and wounded. When Mr. Nutter takes office on Jan. 7, he will face a crime wave that has left at least 355 people dead so far this year and that gave Philadelphia the highest homicide rate of any big city in the country last year, with 406 killings — more than even New York City, which has six times the population.
Crime is clearly the biggest challenge facing the new mayor. It is also the reason for his surprise victory.
- PHILLY IS ONE A SEVERAL CITIES WHOSE CRIME PROBLEMS HAVE NOT ABATED THE NYC'S HAVE. CITIES IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA HAVE A GROWING CRIME PROBLEM.
- LOOK AT THE CHART ON THE RIGHT: MANY CITIES HAVE INCREASING MURDER RATES.
- NOT NYC.
- NOT SINCE RUDY.
- BUT PHILLY'S IS THE WORST: 405 KILLINGS... THATS LIKE SAYING THEY HAVE SIX TIMES THE MURDER RATE OF NYC. SIX TIMES!
- I WISH HIM LUCK.
- HE'D BETTER BE AS TOUGH AS RUDY WAS...
- PHILLY NEEDS A MAYOR AS TOUGH AS RUDY WAS...
WE COULD USE A PRESIDENT THAT TOUGH!