"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, July 20, 2007

TOTTEN ON THE MSM'S IRAQ WAR COVERAGE: "The media is a total distortion machine."

TOTTEN IN BAGHDAD:
After the sun went down the air mercifully cooled, down to 100 degrees or so – which is lovely after 120, especially when there is no longer burning sunlight. Tiny bats flew over the base from the direction of a reedy lake a few hundred meters away. There were no bugs.

I watched helicopters fly over the city in the distance and launch burning white countermeasure flares to confuse heat-seeking missiles as the pilots flew over hostile parts of the city. This was the only evidence I saw that I was in a war zone. I heard no shots fired, and I heard no explosions.

After having spent several days Baghdad’s Green Zone and Red Zone, I still haven’t heard or seen any explosions. It’s a peculiar war. It is almost a not-war. Last July’s war in Northern Israel and Southern Lebanon was hundreds of times more violent and terrifying than this one. Explosions on both sides of the Lebanese-Israeli border were constant when I was there.

You’d think explosions and gunfire define Iraq if you look at this country from far away on the news. They do not. The media is a total distortion machine. [UMPH ADDED.]

Certain areas are still extremely violent, but the country as a whole is defined by heat, not war, at least in the summer. It is Iraq’s most singular characteristic. I dread going outside because it’s hot, not because I’m afraid I will get hurt.

... Baghdad is gigantic and sprawling. It looks much less ramshackle from the air than I expected. Individual cities-within-a-city are home to millions of people all by themselves. The sheer enormity of the place puts the almost daily car bomb attacks into perspective. The odds that you personally will be anywhere near the next car bomb or IED are microscopic.
WE ARE WINNING.

WE CAN WIN IN IRAQ - AND HAND-OFF THE DEFENSE OF IRAQ TO IRAQI ALLIES.


OR WE CAN LET THE DEMOCRATS WIN AND HAND IRAQ TO IRAN AND AL QAEDA.

THE CHOICE IS OURS.

UPDATE: MORE PROOF OF DELIBERATE MSM LYING HERE.

No comments: