"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, July 13, 2007

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

You know, I guess I'm like any other political figure -- everybody wants to be loved, just sometimes the decisions you make and the consequences don't enable you to be loved. And so when it's all said and done, Ed, if you ever come down and visit the old, tired, me down there in Crawford, I will be able to say I looked in the mirror and made decisions based upon principle, not based upon politics. And that's important to me.--President George W. Bush
Bush said the above yesterday in his press conference where he was talking about the successes in Iraq that have already happened as a result of the surge. As Rush said our soldiers are kicking butt over there and deserve our praise. And the quote by Bush just shows why I'm still loyal to him. Agree with him or not he makes his decisions based on principles not on polls. No matter what your views are that philosophy is commendable and inspiring.
The terrorists are in this war to win it. The question is: Are we?--John McCain
All of you know my feelings on John McCain but I'm one of those people who gives praise when it is due. McCain's failings are many but for the most part he "gets" the War on Terror. This quote by McCain deserves our cheer and praise because it is right on the money. I figure even a broken clock is right twice a day!!

No comments: