"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Thursday, June 07, 2007

LE FIGARO'S INTERVIEW WITH SARKOZY


EXCERPT:
What lessons have you learned from your first month at the Elysee [president's office]?

I have tried to use this month so that - if the French people grant me a majority in the National Assembly - my government can set to work immediately after the general election. I was elected on the basis of a strong, consistent blueprint based on frankness and truth. My duty is to implement this blueprint.

I have had occasion to say that I will not allow anyone to distort it, in the economic and tax field.

I want to say equally forcefully, so that everyone fully understands it, that the same will apply to my commitment to an irreproachable Republic and an exemplary democracy.
GOOD TO HEAR AFTER THE MEANDERINGLY DISMAL AND UTTERLY CORRUPT CHIRAC YEARS.

SARKOZY IS EXTRAORDINARY. IF HE SUCCEEDS IN SAVING FRANCE, IT CAN HELP TURNAROUND ALL OF OLD EUROPE. RTWT.

No comments: