"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Raunchy airline ad pulled, 'insults women'



We read:

"Spanish airline Iberia has pulled a cartoon video ad that depicts a baby boy frolicking on a beach with big-breasted black Cuban women after complaints it insulted women and encouraged sexual tourism.

The two women, with huge lips and tiny, tight shorts on broad hips - massage and pamper the white Spanish infant after he arrives in Havana on a free trip from Iberia.

At one point, lounging at a seaside bar, he sings "Come on honey, take me to the crib", the Associated Press reported.

Source

It rather escapes me why it was a cause for complaint that the women were busty. Perhaps it takes a Leftist to see why that is offensive. And I cannot see that the women depicted were busty anyhow. I suspect that the women being brown with large lips while the baby was white was the only cause of the "problem" -- which would seem to make the protest "racist" -- why should skin-color matter?

You can see the original ad via the link above.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS, DISSECTING LEFTISM, IMMIGRATION WATCH and EYE ON BRITAIN. My Home Pages are here or here or here. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments: