"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, May 04, 2007

THE FIRST REPUBLICAN DEBATE

My thoughts on the Republican Debate:

1) MSNBC is the most biased network I have ever seen in my life. I can't believe the Dems whining and refusing to be on Fox. Fox never would've phrased the questions the way Chris Matthews did. It was ridiculous. Hugh Hewitt had this to say:
"...the partisan and sometimes ludicrously absurd questions from Chris Matthews."
Although he went on to say that this is good because this is what the Republican candidates should expect from the Drive By Media.

Sister Toldjah says he was the worst moderator ever!!

2) Almost everyone on that stage came across as a wimp!! My two favorites, Rudy and Duncan Hunter did better but everyone else hedged and hawed. I know thats part of playing the political game but give me a break, this is to cater to Republicans. Stand strong on something and give a straight answer.

3) Ron Paul confirmed for me that I really don't like him! He is as traitorous as Chuck Hagel. I knew he hadn't been good on the war but some of his comments were just unbelievable.

4) I literally yelled at John McCain after his answer about what Bush has done wrong. He said, "He wouldn't have mismanaged the war." I said several times, "YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!!" I couldn't believe it. Would Harry Truman have said that about FDR because of the numerous mistakes that were made in World War II? How about leaving 11,000+ U.S. soldiers in the Philippines to die? No, Truman would never have said things could've been handled better because he was aware that miscalculations and mistakes are always made in war. There is no perfect war.

It was the HEIGHT OF ARROGANCE for McCain to say that he wouldn't have mismanaged the war. He has no way of knowing that.

Republicans, this man can't be our nominee for President!!


5) Chris Matthews kept saying Tancredo's name wrong. This annoyed the heck out of me.

6) Duncan Hunter was the only one who gave a good answer to the Terri Schiavo question. He quoted Ronald Reagan in saying that "we should always err on the side of life". I was so irritated with how everyone else danced around the question. Dean Barnett also liked him the best after Romney.

7) Rudy was the only one who gave a good answer to the Bush question. He reminded everyone that if it weren't for Bush and his response to 9/11 we would've had another terrorist attack on U.S. soil by now.

8) Sam Brownback just doesn't do anything for me. People like me should be his biggest supporter but there are so many things about him that just don't work for me. Brownback was on Hannity's show the other day and I don't even like the sound of his voice, very un-inspirational.

9) Mike Huckabee doesn't do anything for me either. His support for tax hikes concerns me and then his answer about Rumsfeld during the debate really didn't set well with me at all. Dean Barnett had this to say about him:
"Mike Huckabee – I look at this guy and wonder where he ever got the notion that he should be president. Even more than the Cranks (see below), his presence on the stage bothered me. Does this guy have anything interesting or original to say? Has he ever?"

10) Romney annoyed me with his comparisons to Reagan. I'm sorry, but no one on that stage last night even comes close to Ronald Reagan. I also didn't like the way he used the phrase "separation of church and state".

11) Its a shame that Fred Thompson and Newt Gingrich weren't on that stage last night.

Message to Fred and Newt: Get in now!!

2 comments:

Reliapundit said...

zackly

Nathan Tabor said...

I agree--Hunter came off as eminently serious, tackling foreign policy and border control head-on. There was barely any talk of how to fix Iraq, and not much more on controlling our borders. We need a president who won't shy from solving the difficult problems.