"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Sixth Circle Of Hollywood Hell

One of the best bloggers out there is Robert at Seraphic Secret. Robert is a screenwriter. Recently, he has been writing a work which deals, to some extent, with women's prison system:
I get sent to a maximum security prison with several thousand really scary homicidal woman to research a film script.

At the end of each day at the prison I'd go back to my hotel room, call Karen and whimper for an hour or so. Karen would remind me that this was a job and I had to keep a professional distance from the inmates—a bunch of violent and manipulative sociopaths.

I'm always amazed that over-educated, over-bred do-gooders clamor to come into prison, set up incredibly sophisticated educational programs for murderers and sociopaths, and completely ignore the blue-collar Corrections Officers, hard-working chaplains, psychologists, and social workers, who labor in the underground world of our corrections system.

These peope struck me as being prisoners too.

They are amazing professionals, dedicated, criminally underpaid and no one that I am aware of, is spending any time giving them or their families a free college education.

For some reason, liberals find murderers and psychopaths incredibly attractive.

They have probably watched too many dopey Hollywood prison movies.

In any case, Corrections Officer Cindy is an amazing young woman, and she had my back the whole time I was on the yard.
If you want to catch up on the entire series:
And, he finishes with: Karen and I wish you all a lovely and meaningful Shabbos.

No comments: