"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, February 23, 2007

WHY I LOVE DICK CHENEY

During the 2004 election cycle I got to hear Dick Cheney speak and got to meet both him and Lynne. I think the thing that most struck me about him was what a genuine and funny guy he was.

I remember when talk first surfaced in 2000 about who W's possible VP picks were. I said, "Who is Dick Cheney?" I have come to see and learn that W couldn't have picked anybody better, IMHO.

This past week he has just had me cheering. First, he called McCain on his hateful comments about Rumsfeld. Here is some of what he said:
"John's entitled to his opinion. I just think he's wrong," said Cheney, a friend of Rumsfeld. He also disclosed that the Arizona senator had apologized to him for a previous comment that the vice president had "badly served" President Bush on Iraq.

"John said some nasty things about me the other day, and then next time he saw me, ran over to me and apologized. Maybe he'll apologize to Rumsfeld," Cheney said in an interview with ABC News.
He scored a home run on 2 accounts. He defended Rumsfeld and he made McCain look like a wimp.

Second, he slammed the Democrats' approach to the Iraq War.
"I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we will do is validate the Al Qaeda strategy," the vice president told ABC News. "The Al Qaeda strategy is to break the will of the American people ... try to persuade us to throw in the towel and come home, and then they win because we quit."
Naturally, Pelosi has whined to high heaven about the remarks. Yet, Patrick over at The News Buckit spells out how right Cheney is.

UPDATE:
Later in the day after I posted this Rush Limbaugh called Dick Cheney his hero :-)!! Go here to see an excerpt of his comments.

No comments: