Rome conquered the Israelis and renamed the area Palestine after the enemies of the Israelis.
It wasn't sovereign and there were no Arabs there.
It was part of Byzantium after that and then changed hands a lot until it became part of the Ottoman Empire.
HERE'S THE SEQUENCE FROM WIKI:
From 638-1009 the Arabs didn't call themselves Palestinians and didn't call the region Palestine.
After the fall of the ancient Kingdom of Judah, political rule was held by the following powers:
- 586–539 BC: Babylonian Empire
- 539–332 BC: Persian Empire
- 332–305 BC: Empire of Alexander the Great
- 305–198 BC: Ptolemaics
- 198–141 BC: Seleucids
- 141–37 BC: The Hasmonean kingdom in Israel established by the Maccabees, after 63 BC under Roman supremacy
- 37 BC–70 AD: Herodian Dynasty ruling Judea under Roman supremacy (37 BC–6 AD and 41–44 AD), interchanging with direct Roman rule (6–41 CE and 44–66 AD). This ended in the first Jewish Revolt of 66–73 AD, which saw the Temple destroyed in 70 AD.
- 6 AD Census of Quirinius and establishment of Roman Iudaea Province
- 70–395: province of Roman Empire first called Judea, after 135 called Palaestina by the Romans to spite the Jews following the Second Jewish Revolt (The Bar Kokhba Revolt). In 395 the Roman Empire is split into a Western and an Eastern part.
- 395–638: Eastern Roman or Byzantine Empire
- 638–1099: Arab Caliphates and subject rulers
- 1099–1187: Crusader states, most notably the Kingdom of Jerusalem
- 1187–1260: dominated by the Ayyubids of Egypt and Damascus
- 1260–1516: dominated by the Mamluks of Egypt
- 1516–1917: Ottoman Turks, having previously conquered the Byzantine Empire in 1453
- 1918–1948: British mandate of Palestine under, first, League of Nations, then, successor United Nations; the Emirate of Trans-Jordan was separated from the rest of Palestine in 1922, and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan became independent upon the expiration of the League of Nations Mandate in 1946.
The Ottoman Empire has it for a long time - and never called it Palestine and never called anybody loving there Palestinians. Because there was no such people, co such language, no such culture.
Here's an Ottoman map - click to embiggen:
When the Ottoman Empire was defeated in WW1, the British Empire got it and called it British Palestine.
At that time, only Jewish residents called themselves Palestinians; Arabs called themselves Arabs - and saw themselves as part of the Ummah, not any other empire.
So why do some Arabs they now refer to themselves as "Palestinian" CHOOSING to call themselves subjects of a colony!?
It's a HOAX. One of the biggest ever. Only Marxism and ANTHROPOGENIC GLOBAL WARMING are bigger hoaxes.
They call themselves this name to make it seem like the land shouod belong to them.
SMART and INFORMED people folks don't fall for this BS, and many of these folks refer to these Arabs as the FAKEISTINIANS.
BOTTOM-LINE: Giving Arabs another nation-state and calling it Palestine is appeasement, and appeasement has never brought peace.
AND ANOTHER THING:
I believe that Israel should cede Judea and Samaria to Arabs AFTER Russia cedes Chechnya and Spain cedes the Basque region and the British cede Northern Ireland and... and so on.
COME ON ALL YOU ANTISEMITIC GENTILES: LEAD BY EXAMPLE!