The Bureau of Labor Statistics also calculates six alternate measures of unemployment, U1 through U6, that measure different aspects of unemployment:HERE'S WHAT U6 LOOKS LIKE:
- U1: Percentage of labor force unemployed 15 weeks or longer.
- U2: Percentage of labor force who lost jobs or completed temporary work.
- U3: Official unemployment rate per the ILO definition occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively looked for work within the past four weeks.
- U4: U3 + "discouraged workers", or those who have stopped looking for work because current economic conditions make them believe that no work is available for them.
- U5: U4 + other "marginally attached workers", or "loosely attached workers", or those who "would like" and are able to work, but have not looked for work recently.
- U6: U5 + Part time workers who want to work full time, but cannot due to economic reasons (underemployment).
- Note: "Marginally attached workers" are added to the total labour force for unemployment rate calculation for U4, U5, and U6. The BLS revised the CPS in 1994 and among the changes the measure representing the official unemployment rate was renamed U3 instead of U5.
OBAMA'S DOMESTIC POLICIES HAVE NOT IMPROVED THINGS.
AND THEY'VE MADE OUR DEBT WORSE.
AND THEY'VE MADE ENERGY MORE EXPENSIVE,
AND THEY'VE INCREASED THE REGULATORY BURDEN ON ALL BUSINESSES.
ALL THIS AS OUR ENEMIES HAVE GAINED POWER AND THE WORLD HAS BECOME LESS STABLE.
AND OBAMA CUTS OUR DEFENSE BUDGET.
THIS IS NOT JUST THE ROAD TO SERFDOM; IT'S THE ROAD TO OBLIVION.