"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
DENNIS PRAGER: 
It doesn't matter with which religion or ethnic group you identify; Christmas in America is as American as the proverbial apple pie. That is why some of the most famous and beloved Christmas songs were written by guess who? Jews.
  • "White Christmas" was written by Irving Berlin (birth name: Israel Isidore Baline).
  • "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" -- Johnny Marks.
  • "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" -- composed by Jule Styne, lyrics by Sammy Cahn.
  • "Silver Bells" -- by Jay Livingston (Jacob Harold Levison) and Ray Evans (Raymond Bernard Evans).
  • "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" -- Mel Torme and Robert Wells (Robert Levinson), both Jews.
  • "Sleigh Ride" -- lyrics by Mitchell Parish (Michael Hyman Pashelinsky).
THIS JEWS WISHES ALL CHRISTIANS A MERRY CHRISTMAS!


6 comments:

Pastorius said...

Thanks, RP. God be with you.

AmPowerBlog said...

Merry Christmas, Relia!

Anonymous said...

Hey... Reliapundit. I need to contact you regarding an image you used in your post from 2010. I want to ask permission to use that image in a book I'm going to publish, or I need to find out from whom I need to license that image. I would be most greatful for your help with this. Please email me at: fgrieger@aol.com so I can reply to you with a copy of the image to refresh your memory; and then I hope you can let me know if it is public domain, or if you know who I can contact for licensing info.

THank You most Sincerely.

Always On Watch said...

No doubt about it: some of the best secular Christmas songs were written by Jews. These songs are as much a part of the Christmas celebration as the sacred music.

I must also say that, IMO, Artur Rubenstein was the greatest pianist that ever lived, and I used his recordings as the perfect models for my advanced piano students. An agnostic, Rubenstein was, nevertheless, proud of his Jewish heritage.

Bunkerville said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your readers!

Reliapundit said...

taxi man-

just paste a link to the image in this thread