"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, September 01, 2008

THE FIRST OF MANY PUBLIC "DEFECTIONS" TO MCCAIN

A Newsweek exclusive:
John Coale, a prominent Washington lawyer, husband of Fox TV host Greta Van Susteren and a supporter of Sen. Hillary Clinton, announced today that he was supporting John McCain for president. Coale, who traveled with Sen. Clinton, President Clinton and her family through out the primary season, complained of sexism, and said the Democratic Party is "being taken over by the moveon.org types" in an exclusive interview with Newsweek.com's Tammy Haddad.
More than a few mainstream Democrats are going to do the same, and if the "moveon.org types" remain in control, the shift might be permanent.

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

I started blogging in 2004. One of my major themes at the time was

The Democratic Party left me. I did not leave the Democratic Party.

I am glad to see that my fellows are finally following suit and telling the truth.

The Partisan hatred that Obama claims to oppose comes entirely from his side of the aisle.

McCain and Palin are "reach across the aisle" types.

The Democratic Party started this shit when they started openly betting and rooting for America to lose the war. At that point, I'm guessing, many of my fellows (the ones who actually have a morality beyond Dem = good/Repub = bad) must have become unhappy with their allegiance. However, old habits die hard. And, if you don't believe that, look at the Jewish community who are still supporting the Democratic Party despite Obama's open ties to Palestinian radicalism.

The Democratic Party is imploding the way the Whigs did. I hope it's implosion is quick and relatively painless for the country.