AMMAN: Senator Barack Obama said Tuesday that there was "no doubt security has improved in Iraq," but that he would not hesitate to overrule American commanders and redirect forces to fight what he called "a perilous and urgent" battle against terrorism in Afghanistan.IT'S THE PRESIDENT'S RIGHT TO OVERRULE ALL THE MILITARY.
"My job as a candidate for president and a potential commander in chief extends beyond Iraq," Obama told reporters in Jordan after finishing a three-day tour of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Obama, who is on a weeklong trip through the Middle East and Western Europe, lauded the efforts of the U.S. military to reduce violence in Iraq.
He conceded that top U.S. commanders had said they resisted the idea of a timetable for withdrawing troops, saying that they wanted to "retain as much flexibility as possible."
Asked whether he intended to ignore their advice, Obama declared: "No, I'm factoring in their advice, but placing it in this broader strategic framework that's required."
- BUT ON MILITARY ISSUES, IT'S GENERALLY ACCEPTED HAT NON-COMPETENT DECISION-MAKERS WOULD DEFER TO COMPETENT ONES.
- OBAMA EITHER THINKS HE'S MORE COMPETENT THAN THE MILITARY COMMANDERS - LIKE PETRAEUS - OR HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT MORE COMPETENT PEOPLE THINK.
- OR BOTH: THEY ARE EACH SYMPTOMATIC OF THE EGOMANIAC OBAMA IS PROVING MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.
- EITHER WAY IT REVEALS HIS UNFITNESS FOR COMMAND.
- IT MAKES OBAMA SOMETHING OF A CHICKEN-DOVE.
- [MORE ON CHICKENDOVES HERE AND HERE. -
- WHICH REMINDS NE: WHEN WILL ANYONE ASK OBAMA WHAT HE THINKS OF CINDY SHEEHAN
- AND WHETHER HE FEELS THAT THE 4000 US TROOPS WHO WERE KILLED IN IRAQ DIED IN VAIN?]
- BOTTOM-LINE: IT GOES BEYOND AUDACITY FOR A NON-COMPETENT SCOUNDREL LIKE OBAMA TO BRAG THAT HE WILL OVERRULE COMMANDERS WHO KNOW MUCH MORE THAN HE DOES.
MORE ON GENERAL OBAMA HERE.