Michael Graham, blogging at The Natural Truth, brings us this disgusting but not surprising story about how CNN coached its anchors to treat the subject of fidel castro in an early morning email today.THIS LAST PARAGRAPH IS ALMOST IDENTICAL TO WHAT THE NYTIMES WROTE:
I can now confirm independently that not only did such an email go out, here it is in its entirety:
From: Flexner, Allison
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:46 AM
To: *CNN Superdesk (TBS)
Cc: Neill, Morgan; Darlington, Shasta
Subject: Castro guidance
Some points on Castro – for adding to our anchor reads/reporting:
* Please say in our reporting that Castro stepped down in a letter he wrote to Granma (the communist party daily), as opposed to in a letter attributed to Fidel Castro. We have no reason to doubt he wrote his resignation letter, he has penned numerous articles over the past year and a half.
* Please note Fidel did bring social reforms to Cuba – namely free education and universal health care, and racial integration. in addition to being criticized for oppressing human rights and freedom of speech.
His record has been a mix of great social achievements, but a dismal economic performance that has mired most Cubans in poverty.Very similar. Like Deval-Obama similar! I think the NYTIMES set the tone for the rest of the left-wing MSM to follow - they do almost everyday. The CNN memo is merely an instant when they got caught.
He succeeded in establishing universal health care, providing free education through college and largely rooting out racism.
But he never broke the island's dependence on commodities like sugar, tobacco and nickel, nor did he succeed in industrializing the nation so that Cuba could compete in the world market with durable goods.
Since the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of its aid to the island, Cuba has limped along economically, relying mostly on tourism and money sent home from exiles to get hard currency.
- THEIR SOFT TAKE ON THE MURDEROUS TYRANT CASTRO IS THE PARTY LINE.
- AND ALL IT'S BULL.
- THERE IS PLENTY OF RACISM IN CUBA TODAY.
- AND THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM SUCKS.
- AND EDUCATION!?!? SHEESH: WHAT GOOD IS IT IF YOU ARE NOT FREE TO READ AND WRITE WHAT YOU PLEASE.