HERE'S GREG GUTFELD - WHO I THINK IS FANTASTIC!!!! - IN HIS FANTASTIC BOOK IN 2014:
SUNDAY, JULY 26, 2009
THE "COOL" LEFT-WING - why it got that way (and what must be done about it!)Because their aim is to take over society, for decades, the Left has cultivated "coolness".
The Left has used every mass media tool and trick in the book to make youths associate left-wing policies with "coolness".
It's cool to be subversive, anti-establishment, pacifist, "green", anti-American, anti-Puritanical, anti-Founding Fathers, anti-nuclear - anti-"nuclear FAMILY", anti-religion, anti-"big business", anti-talk radio, anti-hunting, anti-NASCAR - and so on.
The Left's desire to be associated with young, attractive and popular ACTORS and MUSICIANS -- (not the sharpest folks or most educated folks in the world, GENERALLY!) -- is a clever marketing TRICK.
And the Left uses the converse, too - caricaturing people on the right as dumb oafs: SNL's depiction of Palin, the entertainment industry's and MSM's depiction of Dubya, and Reagan before that.
The point being to reinforce the idea that leftness is smartness/chicness/COOLNESS and rightness is dumbness/oafishness.
The truth is the left-wing ideas have NOT helped humanity ANYWHERE as well as right-wing ideas have: China had 40 years of Mao-ness and it was an awful impoverished era; it only took 2 decades of A LITTLE rightness (a little free market capitalism) for China to go from starving poverty to fat affluence; 300 MILLION people were lifted pout of poverty by "right-wing" policies. Comparing North and South Korea leads to the same conclusion. Ditto East/commie Europe (from 1945-1989) and Western Europe. And everywhere else you want to compare: freer more 'right-wing" societies offer their people better living standards, longer healthier lives - AND MORE LIBERTY - it's a win-win-win! ((No coincidence here: prosperity is a by-product of liberty!)
All the chic and cool tools and toys of the modern world are the products of right-wing policies: compare Soviet cars to Detroit's of the same era; commies cars sucked; Detroit's were cool --- (and as bad as Detroit's were, they were better than Moscow's!).
4. “The definition of cool: popularity without achievement. It’s how President Obama got the youth vote. Ask any kid who voted for him, “Why did you do it?,” and the convoluted, wide-eyed answer will ultimately translate into: “He’s cool and that other guy wasn’t.” (Now they’re paying the brunt of Obamacare. Suckers.) The media pushed this to the hilt, and much of the public bought it. Hope and change is cool because it sounds cool, even if it’s undefined. An activist government is cool too, because giving stuff away is cool–especially when it’s other people’s stuff–and therefore perceived as philanthropic. But philanthropy without feeling the pain in your own wallet is super-easy to do, and about as cool as giving away your roommate’s food while he’s at work trying to pay for that food.”
7. “Fact is, the desperate desire to be cool has skewed our culture toward nihilism, carelessness, and ineptitude. It is now cool to be an idiot. A jackass. It’s cool to be a failure, as long as your failure is the basis for a reality show. And on the reality show you can do what’s considered ultimately cool: “raise awareness.” How else can you explain the Bravo network? It’s a machine devoted entirely to the adult tantrum.”
13. “[Robert] Redford’s maxim is reflexive and predictable: When any organization pits itself politically (or even violently) against the boring and mundane structures that hold society together, you simply root for those who wish to destroy it. It’s romantic, it’s cool, it makes you appear thoughtful. When, really, it just makes you banal. And brutal. You are just another useful idiot, a pawn for destructive forces.”MY 3 POINTS:
- TAB WAS WRITING ABOUT THE COOLNESS FACTOR AND LEFTIST POLITICS YEARS BEFORE GREG GUTFELD THOUGHT OF WRITING A BOOK ABOUT IT.
- BUY GUTFELD'S BOOK; READ IT.
- READ TAB. SPREAD THE WORD.