In a de facto sense this is simply true.
- The chief powers of Congress are the power of the purse and the power of oversight.
- Congress no longer has either.
- Congress doesn't even pass a budget anymore - (and we seem to be stuck spending 35% more now than in 2008 even though neither our nation's population or our economy has grown by 35% and we can't afford to spend this much each year and go into this much more debt each year).
- And - because Congress allows Obama's executive branch members to lie with impunity when appearing for testimony - Congress no longer has any real oversight.
- In addition, the president now picks and chooses which laws he wants to enforce and even rewrites them by executive fiat.
- And all the while the NSA, and CIA and FBI spy on us.
WE LIVE IN A FASCIST STATE.
I agree with Rand Paul, Clapper's perjury to Congress is a more serious crime than Snowden's treachery and treason.