"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, September 23, 2012

FRENCH INTERIOR MINISTER AND OTHER EUROPEAN JEWRY CONDEMN MARINE LE PEN'S DUMB RESPONSE

Marine Le Pen's botch of a statement got her some reaction by people who realize just how dreadful she's being, though she was willing to offer a clarification:
French Interior Minister Manuel Valls on Sunday assured the country's Jews that they could wear their kippas "with pride", in a dismissal of far-right leader Marine Le Pen's call for a ban.

"Yes, France's Jews -- as the interior minister is doing today -- can wear their kippa with pride," Valls said at a traditional Jewish New Year ceremony at a Paris synagogue. [...]

She later explained that she was merely asking Jews to make "this little effort, the small sacrifice" to put everybody on an equal footing and rebut the charge that a ban on the veil represented Islamophobia. She admitted, however, that there was no comparison between the veil and a kippa.
Tell you what, Mme. Le Pen: if you had argued that maybe Jewish women should refrain from wearing hairscarves used in some religious marriages, even though it's not mandatory and doesn't have to cover all the hair, and provides a lot clearer identity for a woman, then maybe you'd have a worthy argument to make. But the kippa definitely doesn't hide identities like a balaclava, so that was a dumb thing to say.

The really stupefying thing about some of these politicians and such who say they're opposed to Islamofascism is that they seem to think they can only gain the legitimacy to do so if they attack Judaism as well. Which is cowardice and dampens the impact they could've had.

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

Here's the thing:

If someone has indulged in abject racism in the past, or even if they are merely associated (through intimate connections) with racist organizations,

then,

if they are to be trusted,

I think it would be wise that we demand to hear their CONVERSION STORY.

It has been a profound disappointment that many of my best friends in this movement have fallen for the likes of Marie Le Pen and Filip DeWinter.

It seems to me you guys are guilty of a terrible naivete. It is the kind of naivete which has been historically deadly.

And, because of the fact that I have stood up and spoken out against this thing which I perceive as naivete, I have been scorned and cast out, and badmouthed.

And, I have not had many defend me, except for the main writers at IBA, and not even AOW. She has not defended me. Instead, she has just continued to go along with me, neither speaking on my behalf, or against me (which is better than nothing and I do still consider her a friend).

I also am grateful to Reliapundit for sticking with me, though he does not agree with me on this subject.

Anyway, I have to say my piece.

And, my piece when it comes to Marie Le Pen is a qualified, I told you so.

Reliapundit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reliapundit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reliapundit said...

"It seems to me you guys are guilty of a terrible naivete."

NO MY FRIEND. YOU ARE NAIVE.

NO ONE SAID DEWINTER OF LEPEN WERE GOOD.

JUST THAT THEY "GOT" ISLAMIZATION - AND WERE WILLING TO CONFRONT IT.

THE CHOICE FOR EUROPE IS NOT BETWEEN GOOD ANTI-ISLAMIZATION LEADERS AND BAD ANTI-ISLAMIZATION LEADERS.

THE CHOICE IS BETWEEN ANTI-ISLAMIZATION LEADERS AND POLITICIANS WHO DON'T EVEN SEE A MAJOR CULTURAL PROBLEM - ONE OF DEMOCIDAL PROPORTIONS.

THE NON-'ANTI-ISLAMIZATION' POLITICIANS WILL ONLY WAKE UP WHEN THE ONES YOU'D PREFER WOULD JUST GO AWAY START WINNING ELECTIONS.


Pastorius said...

So then according to your logic, when these monsters turn around and bite you, i am not right.

You are still right.

I do not agree.