"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

THE BRITISH MONARCHY WORKS

GOV:
... the cost of the Royal Family. 
£40m a year = 66p per person per year (roughly $1). 
That cost includes all the costs of state and similar visits which would, without a Royal Family, have to be hosted by a President. 
The Italian President alone costs every Italian £1.24 a year. Our 66p covers many Royals, so I reckon we get value and without corruption. 
Some years ago the Queen “temporarily” surrendered all Crown Estates to the Government in return for the “Civil List” which is part of the £40m. The Government makes £200m a year from the Crown Estates, so are well in profit. Quite apart from the estimated £400m to £1b generated to the country from “Royal-related” tourism. 
UK aid to India is, at £280m a year, seven times as much as the cost of the Royal family, and costing every inhabitant of the UK £4.90 a year. Didn’t win us an order for fighter jets, though — that went to the French. I know what I get for my 66p a year; I see no return from the £4.90 to India. 
The very idea of a politician as Head of State, someone like Blair, is abhorrent to me. Give me the political neutrality of Her Majesty any day. 
I AGREE.

RTWT.

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN.

(THE PHOTOS ARE OF PRINCESS ELIZABETH DURING WW2.)


MORE HERE.

1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

I watched as much of the Jubilee Celebration as I could. And loved every minute of it.

Long live Elizabeth II!

Her son Charles is a nothing, you know.