"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THE NEXT SENATOR FROM DELAWARE WILL BE NAMED CHRIS'

CHRIS VERSUS CHRIS:

IT'S GONNA BE CHRIS COONS VERSUS CHRISTINE O'DONNELL.

I WISH HER WELL.

I HOPE SHE WINS.

HE'S GOT A VERY IMPRESSIVE CV AND HE HAS GOOD TV SKILLS.

SHE HAS NEITHER.

ALL SHE HAS IS RIGHT-WING CRED AND TONS OF BAGGAGE.

IF SHE AND ANGLE LOSE, THEN WE CANNOT WIN THE SENATE - A HUGE LOSS FOR THE NATION AND FREE WORLD.

AS I POSTED EARLIER, I THINK THE RIGHT NOMINATING HER IS LIKE THE LEFT NOMINATING NED LAMONT.

I HOPE I AM WRONG.

SHE HAD BETTER GET HER CRAP TOGETHER IF SHE'S GONNA HAVE ANY CHANCE AT WINNING.

(YEAH: I THINK IT'S EASIER FOR A RIGHT-WINGER TO GET THE NOMINATION THAN WIN A GENERAL ELECTION!)

5 comments:

RavingDave said...

On the bright side, even if she loses, she leaves potential future candidates with the understanding that if they do things which are TOO offensive to the base, they seriously reduce their odds off going any further. Curtailing future liberal votes from so called "Moderates" is probably more important than winning that seat.

The danger of having liberal Republicans is that they undermine the message. Arlen Specter et al did enormous damage to the Republican brand. I'd rather lose a seat than a principle.

RavingDave said...

I saw an article from a Senate Staffer that makes an incredible amount of sense. He contends that a Senator like Mike Castle will be completely aware that he can control the agenda of the entire Senate by voting sometimes with Republicans and Sometimes with Democrats. As a result, he can affect policy (towards the liberal direction) as a swing vote, far more than he deserves, and much to the detriment of the conservative movement.

Here is the link.

http://www.redstate.com/ben_domenech/2010/09/14/dont-repeat-the-mistakes-of-the-past/

Reliapundit said...

even with castle the gop gets to chair all committees and that includes judiciary and that means no more commies on the scotus.

to mean, that's net gain.

a huge net gain.

A HUGE FUCKING NET GAIN.

get it!??

RavingDave said...

I am just pointing out the positives of a bad situation. I wished we had a less liberal Mike Castle, or a Less nutty and more experienced Christine O'Donnell. Sometimes we just don't get very good candidates.

I would have supported Mike Castle had he won. I did send money to Scott Brown (from whom I am still receiving donation solicitation emails)so I am willing to support the advancement of the Party taking over the Senate, even if we have to put up with some squishes. I can dig the pragmatism thing.
Anyways, Coons is such a nutburger that there is still a chance of winning that seat. We can only hope and send money. (Which is what I plan to do.)

Reliapundit said...

and i support christine.

we tea partiers need to find better candidates with more gravitas and experience.