New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Friday fired Education Commissioner Bret Schundler, expressing "regret" for the state's failure to win a federal education grant.
The state lost out on a $400 million grant this week because its application contained incorrect financial information. What has been described as a clerical error resulted in the state falling short by three points and losing out to Ohio in the competition for federal funding under an Obama administration program called Race to the Top.
SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT:
- NEW JERSEY ACTUALLY BEAT OHIO ON THE REAL NUMBERS.
- BUT OHIO IS GONNA KEEP THE MONEY, ANYWAY?
- I THINK THAT'S UNSPORTSMANLIKE.
- DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR TED STRICKLAND OUGHT TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
- IT'S WRONG FOR OHIO'S INFERIOR SCHOOLS TO BE REWARDED AND NEW JERSEY'S SUPERIOR SCHOOLS TO BE PUNISHED.
- IT SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE TO OHIO'S CHILDREN.
(HE DID IT TO BP!)