A drama on the high seas is brewing in the Mediterranean as a Turkish government-backed flotilla, laden with various goods and carrying hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists, is attempting to reach Gaza’s shores in the next few days to deliver what its members say is much needed humanitarian aid to the Hamas-controlled strip.THE THE ESS HITS THE EFF.
Israel’s Navy said it would prevent the flotilla from entering Gaza and, if necessary, board the eight boats and arrest the activists. Nevertheless, government spokesmen say the cargo, estimated at $20 million worth of material, would then be delivered to Gaza from Israel, but only after undergoing inspection to assure it includes no terror-related items.
The drama, which is expected to further heighten the already tense relations between Ankara and Jerusalem, will peak Friday, when the boats, loaded with 800 activists, mostly from Turkey, Europe, and Israel, will set sail from Cyprus toward Gaza. Earlier today, military spokesmen publicly detailed plans to bar their entry into Israeli controlled waters.Activists, including a handful of Americans, have been just as adamant that they will not obey the Navy’s orders to turn around.
- IF SHOTS ARE FIRED, THEN WILL THE TURKISH NAVY ATTACK ISRAEL?
- AND IF THEY DO, THEN WILL TURKEY INVOKE NATO ARTICLE 5?
- ARTICLE 5:
(WE ARE USING ARTICLE 5 TO GET NATO TO HELP US IN AFGHANISTAN.)
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.
Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security .
- AND IF TURKEY DOES, THEN WILL OBAMA JOIN THEM AND ATTACK ISRAEL AS THE NATO TREATY REQUIRES?
AND IT MAKES ME WONDER:
- WAS NOKO'S ATTACK ON THE SOUTH KOREAN SHIP MERELY A PROBE BY THE AXIS OF EVIL (IRAN, SYRIA, NOKO AND NOW TURKEY) TO TEST WHETHER OBAMA WOULD REACT KINETICALLY?
- OBAMA DID NOT, AND SO THE AXIS OF EVIL HAS BEEN EMBOLDENED - ON ALL FRONTS
- NO SURPRISE: APPEASEMENT ALWAYS INVITES MORE AGGRESSION.
- AS A RESULT OF OBAMA'S APPEASEMENT, WE ARE LESS SAFE - US AND OUR ALLIES.
- EITHER OBAMA IS UNBELIEVABLY DUMB OR ACTUALLY WANTS THE USA AND THE WEST TO LOSE.
- EITHER WAY: SAME RESULT.