"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Saturday, December 26, 2009

ANOTHER NHS NIGHTMARE: WON'T PAY FOR MOTHER'S CANCER DRUGS

THE SENTINEL (UK):
CANCER sufferer Viv Foster has lost her appeal to have Herceptin on the NHS.

The snub leaves 52-year-old Viv needing to find at least £16,000 more to pay for the drug.

The mother-of-two, pictured right, has already spent £10,000 on three-weekly doses of Herceptin since first being told by NHS Stoke-on-Trent that she could not have the drug.

Trust officials ruled her cancer was not big enough to justify a prescription, after it was caught so early. But her appeal to the trust for Herceptin was this week rejected, despite a 24-slide presentation from her oncologist, Dr Murray Brunt, below.

Now Viv, who is in remission from her aggressive cancer, will have to pay for 11 more instalments of the £1,500-a-time drug before her treatment ends.

Viv, of Tudor Rose Way, Norton, said: "I don't know what else I can do, if they won't listen to Dr Brunt.

"The primary care trust says I can't have Herceptin, because my cancer was caught early. But if I don't have Herceptin and my cancer comes back, they will have to fund my treatment then.

"I don't know how we are going to keep paying for it.

"We have a bit more savings and then we are going to have to look at other ways of getting the money. But I'm going to carry on with the treatment. Dr Brunt thinks I need it and I would rather listen to him than the trust."

THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN THE NHS. THE NHS SUCKS.

IF THE BRITS CAN'T MAKE IT WORK WELL THERE - AFTER 60 YEARS - THEN WHY WOULD WE EVER TRY IT HERE; IT'S INSANE.

OBAMACARE IS INSANE - UNLESS YOU REALLY JUST WANT TO HELP TRIAL LAWYERS AND UNIONS. AND MAKE POLITICIANS AND BUREAUCRATS MORE POWERFUL.

THEN IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

DISSENT ACCORDINGLY.

No comments: