"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, November 09, 2009

Movement for Italy Leader Daniela Santanchè Calls Muhammad a Pedophile on Canale 5

She was awesome. She goes off. Daniela Santanchè is the outspoken Italian political leader who was recently punched in the face by a Mohammedan immigrant for protesting the burka and honor killings. This clip is from yesterday's show, Domenica Cinque on Canale 5. The guests are discussing the removal of crucifixes from Italian classrooms.

Translation by yours truly and subtitles by Frank.

Update: Also check out Claude Cartaginese's article on Newsreal for more on the removal crucifixes from Italian classrooms.

Update II: Some guy on YouTube asked me why I didn't subtitle Scuaima or whatever his name was for most of the video. I chose to not subtitle the crosstalk. He was very hard to understand, obviously out-shouted by Santanchè. What I could understand was him repeatedly telling her to shut up and stop lying. I didn't subtitle the host or the skullcap guy during the any of the crosstalk, either, because crosstalk is hard to subtitle (and I wasn't doing the subtitling) and because it feels too much like transcription, which, being a linguist by trade, I hate. I always preferred working with text.

Update III: Santanchè made Infidel Babe of the Week at Ibloga.



Crossposted by special request.

No comments: