"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MRS. SANFORD STANDS BY HER VALUES - BRAVA!

SHE WROTE A STATEMENT PUBLISHED HERE. EXCERPT:
I believe enduring love is primarily a commitment and an act of will, and for a marriage to be successful, that commitment must be reciprocal. I believe Mark has earned a chance to resurrect our marriage.

Psalm 127 states that sons are a gift from the Lord and children a reward from Him. I will continue to pour my energy into raising our sons to be honorable young men. I remain willing to forgive Mark completely for his indiscretions and to welcome him back, in time, if he continues to work toward reconciliation with a true spirit of humility and repentance.

This is a very painful time for us and I would humbly request now that members of the media respect the privacy of my boys and me as we struggle together to continue on with our lives and as I seek the wisdom of Solomon, the strength and patience of Job and the grace of God in helping to heal my family.
THOUGH IT PROBABLY ENDS HIS CAREER IN POLITICS, ULTIMATELY MARK SANFORD'S FALL DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE END OF HIS FAMILY.

WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?

FAMILY.

I WISH MRS. SANFORD AND HER FAMILY - INLCUDING HER HUSBAND - THE BEST.

VIA NRO.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

Well said, my man.

David blew it with Bathsheba. Sin is a matter of will, but even the best of people, the people after God's own Heart, make bad mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes. It is how a person deals with his mistakes, and redeems himself, that defines true character.

Reliapundit said...

YES. HE DID A VERY BAD THING.

Pastorius said...

He did. He is a tremendous fool. He seems to think he could get away with anything and simply pull the wool over people's eyes.