By JEFF ZELENY and DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Barack Obama said that his economic recovery plan would create or save three million to four million jobs.
- OBAMA STARTED WITH 2 MILLION, THEN RAISED IT TO 2.5 MILLION, THEN RAISED IT TO 3, THEN 3.5 - NOW HE'S UP TO FOUR.
- THIS IS NOT LOWERING EXPECTATIONS, WHICH IS WHAT ANY SANE PERSON WOULD BE DOING IF HE REALLY FELT THINGS WERE DIRE AND GETTING WORSE.
- YET, AT THE SAME TIME, OBAMA KEEPS TRASH-TALKING THE ECONOMY.
- WHY IS HE RAISING EXPECTATIONS FOR THE RESULTS OF HIS "STIMULUS" PACKAGE EVEN AS HE ARGUES WE'RE HEADED FOR A DEPRESSION?
- BECAUSE HE KNOWS WE HAVE ALREADY BOTTOMED OUT.
- AND HE IS TRASH-TALKING THE ECONOMY SO HE CAN SCARE US INTO LETTING HIM AND CONGRESS PASS HIS "STIMULUS" PACKAGE, AND THEN TAKE CREDIT FOR ALL THE MILLIONS OF JOBS THE ECONOMY WILL CREATE.
UPDATE/MORE: THE NUMBERS FOR HIS PLAN DON'T ADD UP.