"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, December 07, 2008

KRUGMAN PROVES - ONCE AGAIN - HE IS A MORON: SAYS "US AUTO INDUSTRY WILL DISAPPEAR"

I KID YOU EFFIN-NOT; AP:
Krugman: US auto industry will probably disappear

Nobel economics prize winner Paul Krugman said Sunday that the beleaguered U.S. auto industry will likely disappear.

"It will do so because of the geographical forces that me and my colleagues have discussed," the Princeton University professor and New York Times columnist told reporters in Stockholm. "It is no longer sustained by the current economy."
  • THE US HQ'D AUTO COMPANIES ARE DOING BADLY,
  • BUT FOREIGN HQ'D AUTO COMPANIES ARE MAKING LOTS OF MONEY HERE - ON CARS THEY MAKE HERE.
  • SO KRUGMAN IS ALL WRONG.
  • HE'S NOTHIN' BUT A FREAKIN PARTISAN HACK.
  • BTW: HE WON THE NOBEL FOR WORK HE DID DECADES AGO - BEFORE HE BECAME A LEFTIE PARTISAN HACK.
I WONDER IS PINCH IS TAKING HIS ADVICE?

THAT WOULD EXPLAIN WHY THE NYTIMES LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO OUT OF BUSINESS - JUST LIKE THE CHICAGO TRIB!

KRUGMAN LAST EMBARRASSED HIMSELF LIKE THIS AT A HEALTH CARE DEBATE.
(KRUG'S IDIOCY WAS WELL COVERED AT THE TIME!)

WHATTA FREAKIN' JERK. MORE HERE.

*******UPDATE: AN ALERT COMMENTER POTED OUT THAT KRUGS CLAIMS HE WAS MISQUITED BY THE NYTIMES. IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!? YES. BUT HIS DEFESNE HIS LUDICROUS:
Me, misreported

Urk. I gather that there’s a report on the wires quoting me as saying that the US auto industry would disappear. What I actually said was that the concentration of the industry around Detroit would disappear.

And did I really say “me and my colleagues”? I guess it’s possible — but that doesn’t sound like I speaking.

IS THERE A CONCENTRATION OF THE AUTO INDUSTRY IN DETROIT?

NOPE: IT'S ALL OVER THE USA, ESPECIALLY THE SOUTH. WITH A LOT OF CAR DESIGN IN CALIFORNIA.

SO KRUGS IS WRONG AGAIN. HE'S A JERK.

TIME WROTE ABOUT THIS IN A LONG ARTICLE IN 2003:Why The Most Profitable Cars Made in the U.S.A. are Japanese and German

IT WAS TRUE THEN, AND IT TRUE NOW.

SO KRUGS: STFU.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

I predict newer, more streamlined and innovative automobile companies will take the place of the mastodons.

In ten years, we'll be perfectly happy with our American-born automobile companies.

skylights said...

Krugman says he was misreported:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/me-misreported/

Unknown said...

Krugman says he was "Misrecorded"

That's obvious:

Note the willingness of the author of this piece to do exactly that, with the heading, in Bright Orange, Capital Letters, no less, that, "Krugman {} is a moron, says "US Auto Industry Will Disappear"

Whereas, in reality, the article quoted begins, half-right, half-wrong, with, "Nobel economics prize winner Paul Krugman said (...) the beleaguered U.S. auto industry will likely disappear"

then, Paul Krugman adjusts that, to reflect his actual words:

(as skylight's link provides:

Paul Krugman: "Urk. I gather that there’s a report on the wires quoting me as saying that the US auto industry would disappear. What I actually said was that the concentration of the industry around Detroit would disappear.

And did I really say “me and my colleagues”? I guess it’s possible — but that doesn’t sound like I speaking..."

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/me-misreported/

and anyway, the word, "Likely", being used as it is, in the quoted article, is obviously to indicate some measure of "probability", given all the signs extant - which Nobel-prize-winning economists, and their ilk, apparently recognize, when they see them...


So, like, STFU?